The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates

83. How can I find out what is happening with my case and see my case information?

Talk to your worker, a supervisor, an Assistant Director or even a Director

Use “DTA Connect” to see case information

DTA Connect is a new mobile app for DTA clients. It is free and can be downloaded for iPhones at the App store or for Androids on Google play. DTA Connect can be used on a smartphone or tablet (such as an iPad).

Once the app is downloaded, you or the agency you work with can log in with your Social Security Number (SSN) and year of birth to see information about your case. (You cannot use DTA Connect if you have a heightened level of security on your case due to domestic violence).


DTA Connect includes information on your case, including:

  • Case status, monthly benefit amount, next benefit issue date, EBT card balance and recertification due date.
  • Alerts including upcoming appointments or deadlines. 
  • Copies of DTA notices sent in the previous 90 days.
  • Whether documents submitted in the previous 90 days have been processed.


DTA Connect can also be used to send DTA proofs or give DTA information:


  • Send DTA verifications or documents by taking a picture in the app. These documents will go directly to your case record!
  • Ask for a letter verifying the amount of benefits you get from DTA.
  • Tell DTA about a new address or phone number.
  • Opt-in or opt-out of text messages from DTA.

Note: DTA Connect also lets you enter an email address and sign up for eNotification. We do not encourage this unless you check emails constantly.


Use the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system

You can get some information about your case by calling the IVR.  To reach the IVR, call the DTA Assistance Line at 1-877-382-2363. You will need to enter your social security number and year of birth to get information about your case. This is an automated system, not a live person. It is available round the clock, every day of the week.  The IVR can tell you:

  • if DTA has approved or denied your benefits or has not yet made a decision,
  • the amount of benefits you will receive and your next payment date,
  • the date DTA last received a document from you,
  • the location of your local DTA office.


Use the “My Account Page” or MAP

If you have access to the Internet, an email address, and have your EBT card, you can set up a “My Account Page” (MAP). Follow these steps to set up your MAP:

Step 1: Visit and click on “My Account Page.”  You will need an e-mail address to start the process. If you do not have an email, you can create a free email through Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other email services.

Step 2: Look out for an email sent back to you from the MAP with a special web link. This takes just a couple of minutes.

Step 3: Click on the web link in the DTA email you receive from the Virtual Gateway. You will be asked to create a password and answer two “security questions.” You will be given an assigned “username” – typically the first letter of your first name followed by last name and possibly a number---for example, Msmith2. Be sure you write this down—the username will also be sent to the email you provided.

Step 4: To get access to your personal case information, you now need to log-in and click on the “My Account Page” link in the middle of the screen. Then you need to enter the following three pieces of information:

  • Your year of birth,
  • Your full SSN, and
  • Your full EBT card number (make sure the name on the account matches the spelling of your name on the EBT card).


This information is required each time you log-on to the MAP. You can change your email address or user profile any time.

There’s lots of information about your cash or SNAP case including:

  • the status of your EAEDC or SNAP case
  • the amount of monthly benefits and date of next payment
  • all DTA notices and forms sent to you in the past 12 months
  • a list and status of the documents received by mail or fax in the past 18 months (you will not see a copy of the actual document sent in)
  • names and dates of birth of your household members and  address and phone number DTA has on file for you.
  • the address and contact information for your local DTA office

You can print out information about your monthly benefits to give to another program (e.g. if you apply for housing or Fuel Assistance, not that EAEDC cash may count for these programs but SNAP does not.  You can also print out recent forms that DTA has sent to fill out, including a SNAP interim report or recertification form.

Call the DTA Ombuds Office


If you need more information or you are not satisfied with the information you get, call the DTA Ombuds Office, 617-348-5354. The Ombuds Office was created to help applicants and recipients fix problems they may have with their DTA case. You can also file a complaint with the Ombuds Office.



DTA Policy Guidance: 

Online Guide Sections: Cross Programs > MAP > My Account Page (MAP) FAQs and DTA Connect > DTA Connect

Limit Offer