The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates

82. What if I do not speak English?

If English is not your primary language, DTA must provide you with a bilingual DTA worker or an interpreter (in person or by telephone) if you want one. 106 C.M.R. § 701.360. See Question 73.

DTA notices in another language

DTA currently provides the computer-generated (BEACON) notices and forms in lonely English and Spanish. DTA sends a “babel” flier in other languages recommending you get the information sent to you translated.

Advocacy Reminders:

                                   DTA Policy Guidance:              

DTA Online Guide: Cross Programs > Interpreter Services > Guidelines for Providing Interpreter Services.

Limit Offer