The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates

80. How do I ask DTA for a reasonable accomodation?

DTA is supposed to ask you if you have a disability and need an accommodation. DTA is supposed to ask these questions at application and reevaluation. You can ask for an accommodation at these times, or at any time you need one.

You can ask your DTA case worker for an accommodation, or you can talk to the Client Assistance Coordinator (CAC) in your DTA office. Each DTA office has a CAC who can help with the accommodation process.

Once you ask for an accommodation, DTA should work with you to figure out how it can meet your needs. For example, if you ask for something DTA says it cannot do, instead of denying your request, DTA should discuss other options with you.

DTA may ask for medical proof that you need the accommodation. If you need an accommodation but do not have the medical evidence DTA asks for, you can ask the CAC to help you get it.

                                   DTA Policy Guidance:                                  

DTA Online Guide: Cross Programs > Harper/ADA > ADA and Reasonable Accommodations et seq.

Limit Offer