b. Choose the right complaint form
The Attorney General's office has 2 wage complaint forms.
Most people use the Non-Payment of Wage Form. This is the form to use if
- you were not paid for your work,
- you did not get overtime pay,
- you did not get state minimum wage,
- you did not get earned vacation wages,
- you did not get your tips,
- earned sick leave violations, or
- you did not get a meal break.
Use the Prevailing Wage Form if you worked on a public works construction project for a city, town or state and you believe that you were not paid according to the state prevailing wage law. See the Attorney General's website for more information about the Prevailing Wage laws.