Legal Resource Finder - Find Legal Aid
Do you need help with a legal problem in Massachusetts?
The Legal Resource Finder will give you contact information for legal aid programs, other non profits, government agencies and court based programs that may be able to help you with your legal issue. It will also give you links to legal information and self-help materials about your issue.
To use the Legal Resource Finder, enter your town or zip code, age if 60 or older, your income and choose one of the topics from the list below. Then click "search."
- Why do we ask for income? Some, but not all, referrals have income limits. If you do not know your exact monthly income, use your best guess. You will get links to legal information and self-help materials no matter what.
- Paying for a lawyer - issues not in the LRF: If you need help with a criminal law, personal injury or worker's compensation case, or an issue not listed below, or if you want to hire a lawyer, see this list of lawyer referral services.
- Legal services programs: See our map and list of legal services programs in Massachusetts. You can also find links to legal services programs in other states and to legal information websites and bar association clinics.
- Need to search by your location only? Use the location search -- note that this will only give information about a limited number of legal services programs, it doesn't include links to legal information or other sources of help, so you should use the Legal Resource Finder if at all possible.
- For more help using the Legal Resource Finder, see our detailed instructions.